I am hearing a lot about Bird Flu on the News! Is it safe to order Meatigo Chicken?
Yes, Meatigo Chicken is and has always been 100% SAFE.
- We source our poultry products from certified & licensed supply partners who have their own network farms and we have never sourced a single bird from the open market or mandis where such cross contaminations risks could occur.
- All our supply partners are subjecting the birds to Antemortem and Post-Mortem inspection by licenced veterinarians & controllers and are certified being free from highly pathogenic diseases, and fit for human consumption.
- We operate hygienic, state-of-the-art processing where all meats are further tested for microbial counts & quality tests before it is processed further at our own facilities, cleaned & then packed in vacuum packed to ensure maximum safety & freshness.
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines, it is important to note that humans cannot contract bird flu unless they come in direct contact of a live, infected bird. As long as you cook your meat properly, you are safe. Normal temperatures used for cooking (so that food reaches 70°C in all parts) will kill the virus.
How are your products packed & delivered?
- Every batch including our processed meats are tested, checked & hygienically packed in vacuum packs using German Technology – all of which are done with temperature control between 0-4℃ right from the farm to the time the products are delivered to your doorstep.
- Our vacuum packing technology we use is the best in the country & this ensures the oxygen is completely flushed out which ensures no oxidation of the meats and in turn keeps the maximum level of freshness.
- Once packed, all our meats and seafood are transported in temperature-controlled vehicles at every step in our supply chain. The same meats are then transported fresh daily to our delivery hubs which are then delivered in temperature-controlled bags to your doorstep.
Where does Meatigo source meats & seafood from?
- 100% of our meats are sourced either from our own farms or from licensed & government certified supply partners following strict sourcing standards.
- All of our supply partners have their own farm networks and don’t source birds from outside which are checked by qualified veterinarians and practice hygienic and humane raising practices.