Hot And Sour Dumpling Soup
Get hands on with making some delicious hot dumpling soup, especially with less time in hand but satisfying maximum taste buds!
- 1 pkt Prasuma Original Chicken Momo
- 3 tbsp oil
- 200 grams shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced, (or any mushroom as per your preference)
- 2 tbsp minced ginger
- Salt and pepper
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 150 gms tofu, cut into matchsticks
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 ounces drained canned, sliced bamboo shoots, cut into matchsticks (1/3 cup)
- ¼ tsp ground white pepper, plus more to taste
- ¼ cup cornflour
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Thinly sliced spring onions and fresh chilli, for garnish
How To Make It
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium. Add mushrooms and ginger and season with salt and pepper. Cook until softened, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes. Stir in broth, tofu, soy sauce, bamboo shoots and white pepper, and bring to a boil over high heat. Add dumplings and simmer over medium heat until dumplings are cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk cornflour with ¼ cup water to form a slurry. Add slurry and vinegar to saucepan and simmer until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes, Season with salt and white pepper, if desired.
- Divide soup among bowls and garnish with spring onion and chilli. Add lemon juice. Serve hot.