Kung Pao Momo
Looking at ways to make your Momo experience better!?! adding a new element of surprise to make it spicier! Don’t miss out on our Recipe for Kung Pao.
- 1 pkt of Prasuma Original Chicken Momo
- 1 tbsp soy sauce, divided
- 1 tbsp cornflour, divided
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Sichuan peppercorns toasted in hot skillet for 30 seconds until fragrant, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 stalks of spring onions, whites finely minced, and greens finely sliced, reserved separately
- 3 tbsp roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp fermented chili-bean paste or a chilli-garlic sauce of your choice
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 2 dried chillis
- 2 small leeks, white and light green parts only, cut into 1/4-inch slices (about 1/2 cup total)
How To Make It
- Heat oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Stir fry the momos as per the instructions on the packet. Remove momo from pan and rest it on a paper towel.
- Grind half of Sichuan peppercorns in mortar and pestle. Combine with spring onions and keep aside. Combine chopped onions, garlic, and ginger in small bowl. Mix soy sauce, corn starch, white vinegar, chili-bean paste, and sugar in small bowl and mix until cornflour is fully dissolved.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add the Sichuan peppercorns and dried chiles and cook until fragrant, about fifteen seconds.
- Add peanuts, Add onion, garlic/ginger mixture and cook, stirring mixture constantly until aromatic and the onion softens. Toss the fried momo into the wok and add sauce. Cook, stirring and tossing constantly until momos are coated in glossy layer of sauce. Stir in scallion greens and ground Sichuan pepper. Transfer to serving plate and serve immediately.